(This is a generic contract - it may be slightly different depending each individual agreement.)
- Seller/breeder guarantees pup to be delivered in good health, current on vaccinations, and free of Distemper, Parvo, Parainfluenza, and any life threatening genetic defect.
- Puppies are first dewormed at 2 weeks, and then every 2 weeks until they leave for their new home. Any pup that develops an illness related to lack of shots or dewormings will NOT be replaced. It is the responsibility of the new owner to keep up with all vaccinations and proper veterinary care.
- The breeder has done everything possible to produce healthy sound puppies both by breeding only dogs (parents) that are free of genetic issues, and by raising the puppies in the best way possible in regards to diet, exercise, socialization and veterinary care.
- Purchaser agrees to prove a safe home for their new pup and will not use the pup for any illegal activity. If at any time, the purchaser is found to be using the pup for illegal activity, the breeder reserves the right to regain possession of the pup. We do not tolerate dog fighting, and WILL pursue legal action to regain rights to the pup.
- If at any time the purchaser can no longer provide for the pup, we will gladly accept the pup back. By signing our agreement, you understand the breeder has first right of refusal, and no puppy/adult can be sold, given away, or euthanized without permission from Emerald Creek/Lauren Toole.
- “Emerald Creek”, or an approved variation, MUST be used as the prefix on any and all registration papers. Registration papers will be filled out after the sale is complete, and will be given to the Buyer.
- The Buyer agrees to allow the Seller access to the puppy/dog, and to the premises where it is kept, to evaluate the condition therein. If at any time the Seller finds that the puppy/dog is being fought, used as bait, kept in an unsanitary manor, treated or allowed to behave in a manner not acceptable to him/her, the Buyer agrees to surrender the puppy/dog, (and all of its registration documents, with ownership transfer properly signed), to the Seller. Under such circumstances, all warranties are then VOID.
- If said puppy/adult is used for breeding, it will never be bred to anything other than another AKC registered American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Puppy must have been examined by the Buyers local veterinarian within one week of purchase, or all guarantees are void.
- Have NOT bred the first puppy/adult.
- Have returned the first puppy/dog to the Seller along with it's AKC papers signed over to Lauren Toole.
- Dog aggression can be a trait of the breed, but human aggression is never tolerated. If your puppy/adult has gone through a obedience/training class (written proof must be provided), and still shows aggression towards humans at any point in their life, the seller/breeder will replace the dog.
- Seller agrees to replace the said puppy (with one of equal value) if it has a major genetic default from birth up until the age of 26 months, provided that the pup/dog is alive and returned in good condition to the seller with a statement from a licensed veterinarian stating the problem.
Stipulations of Co-own: (if co-own agreement is made - this may change depending on each individual sale and gender)
- The breeder is to retain breeding rights to said dog, which can be used on any bitch bred by, owned, or co-owned by Lauren Toole.
- You are required to show the said puppy at least 2 times per year, starting at one year of age.
- You are required to attain the said puppy's AKC Championship, and complete a minimum of cardiac testing (cardiologist preferred) and hip testing (OFA and/or PennHip) before this puppy is bred. These expenses are up to the buyer/co-owner.
- This dog or bitch shall not be neutered under any circumstance (unless requested by a licensed veterinarian for an illness that may cause the loss of the said dog/bitch).
- Once these stipulations are fulfilled, Emerald Creek will sign off on any and all registration papers.
- Co-ownership of a bitch may have more stipulations - they will be agreed upon by Buyer and Seller.